In this episode our hosts advise you to stay away from actively managed funds! Don and Tom look at the recent Seattle pension debacle before looking at emerging market funds and which give the best returns. We also cover some questions on payouts, rollovers and how to view investment in your 20s. The episode finishes off with a reminder about how volatility relates to investment returns.
- How to invest a company payout smartly.
- Weighing up 401(k) and IRA accounts.
- Rollovers and transfers in IRAs and how to do them safely.
- When to move funds from a 401(k) to a Roth IRA for tax reasons.
- Why younger investors should not focus on bonds.
- The Seattle pension problem.
- Comparing a few emerging market funds.
- The correlation between volatility and returns.
Money Thirty Podcast — https://www.moneythirty.com/
Real Investing Journal — https://www.realinvestingjournal.com/
Vestory — https://vestory.com/
401411 — http://www.401411.com/
Vanguard — https://investor.vanguard.com
The Science of Retirement Investing — http://www.talkingrealmoney.com/new-events/2016/6/3/lunched-the-science-of-retirement-investing-portland
Retiremeet North — http://www.retiremeet.com/
Elon Musk — https://www.tesla.com/elon-musk
Kmart — http://www.kmart.com/
Sears Holdings — https://searsholdings.com/
Kenwood — http://www.kenwoodworld.com/
Royal Wedding — https://www.royal.uk/royalwedding
DFA Global Equity Portfolio — http://www.morningstar.com/funds/xnas/dgeix/quote.html
The Seattle Times — https://www.seattletimes.com/
Fidelity — https://www.fidelity.com/
American Funds — https://www.americanfunds.com/
T. Rowe Price — https://www3.troweprice.com/
Morningstar — http://www.morningstar.com/