In this episode, Tom and Don are tackling the adult equivalent of those old bullies who stole your lunch money. We hear from one caller who does not know how much commission her advisor is taking even though she has asked him multiple times. We also talk about the myths of actively managed funds and clever ways to think about your Social Security as you reach the age of collection.
- The lack of evidence that actively managed investments make more money.
- Finding the best way to manage your Social Security benefits.
- Why to get a fiduciary instead of an investment broker.
- How brokers churn investments to generate more commissions.
- Identifying real, one hundred percent fiduciaries.
Talking Real Money Twitter — https://twitter.com/talkrealmoney
Real Investing Journal — https://www.realinvestingjournal.com/
Vestory — https://vestory.com/
401411 — http://www.401411.com/
Vanguard — https://investor.vanguard.com
Better Retirement Guidebook — https://www.retirebetterbook.com/
Financial Fysics on Amazon – https://www.amazon.com/Financial-Fysics-Money-Investing-Really/dp/1453898557
Retirement Roundtable —http://www.talkingrealmoney.com/new-events/2018/8/18/retirement-roundtable
Rick Gregorek — http://yourpartnerinlaw.com/
Paul Merriman — https://paulmerriman.com/
Churchill Financial — http://www.churchillfinancial.com/index.php
The Jerk — https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079367/
Dimensional — http://dfaus.com/
Edward Jones — https://www.edwardjones.com/index.html
SEC — https://www.sec.gov/