Don’s beef with most of the people, not all of the people, who sell financial services is that they don’t regularly tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. The reason being, that they are paid to obfuscate. In this episode, Tom and Don discuss the misleading nature of many of the sales pitches out there today. The phrase, “It’s just capitalism,” so often heard when it comes to shady business dealings, is just no excuse! By the end of this episode, you’ll have some helpful tools in your pocket to help you find out whether you are being bamboozled by your brokers.
- Misleading financial services sales pitches.
- Equity index annuities: Are they really that great?
- Why you need to be aware of surrender charges.
- Helpful tricks to find out whether you are being bamboozled.
- Should financial decisions be based on the concept of caveat emptor?
- Why the phrase “It’s just capitalism” is not excusable.
- Somebody shouldn’t have to win, somebody shouldn’t have to lose.
- Tom and Don’s beef with bank brokers and wealth managers.
- More insights on the 529 GET Plan and DreamAhead program.
Vestory — https://vestory.com/
401411 — http://www.401411.com/
Vanguard — https://investor.vanguard.com
Bank Rate – https://www.bankrate.com/
DreamAhead Plan — https://www.get.wa.gov/savings-plan
529 GET Plan – https://www.get.wa.gov/