In this episode, Don and Tom look at reasonable portfolio returns, the 2008 crash and, of course, cryptocurrency. The duo continue to explain the use of intermediate bond funds in getting your investments ready for retirement.
- Returns on portfolios and weighing good percentages.
- Why you can make more than 5% a year on a diversified portfolio.
- The risk quiz and why everyone should take it.
- Remembering the 2008 market crash and its legacy.
- Looking at how many times bitcoin has dropped a large percentage of its value.
- Intermediate bond funds and balancing your risk.
- Estimating what you need so that you do not lose what you have.
- Looking ahead to unencumbered finances after your dependents have graduated.
Money Thirty Podcast — https://www.moneythirty.com/
Real Investing Journal — https://www.realinvestingjournal.com/
Vestory — https://vestory.com/
401411 — http://www.401411.com/
Vanguard — https://investor.vanguard.com
Retiremeet North — http://www.retiremeet.com/
Bloomberg — https://www.bloomberg.com/
A Tweetstorm that Every Investor Should Read — https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2018-05-11/a-tweetstorm-that-every-investor-should-read
S&P 500 — http://money.cnn.com/data/markets/sandp/
Warren Buffett — https://www.biography.com/people/warren-buffett-9230729