This episode features a panel of experts from Retiremeet North, Harlan Accola from Fairway Mortgage, Rick Gregorek from Gregorek and Associates, Paul Merriman formerly of Merriman, Don McDonald, and Tom Cock.
- The most difficult decisions we see people make as they get close to retirement.
- Understanding the mental shift required to spend home equity.
- Overcoming the fear of action and breaking free of planning paralysis.
- How to end your reverse mortgage prior to selling your house.
- The most common information a client omits/forgets to tell an advisor.
- Learning to foresee potential problems that can arise when writing your will.
- The best way to set up power of attorney with multiple agents.
- What you should be looking for when choosing a new financial advisor.
- Truly understanding the definition of a fiduciary relationship.
- Utilizing real estate as part of your long-term strategy to build passive income.
- The difference between a reverse mortgage as a home equity and a regular home equity.
- Incorporating Publicly traded Real Estate Investment Trust (REITs) in your portfolio.
- Understanding sector funds and why it is an over-weighted, gamble of an investment.
- The pros and cons of market cap-weighted index funds versus ones that are not.
- Why artificially impoverishing yourself to get on Medicaid is a matter of ethics.
- The best two-minute advice from our panelists to get prepared and ready for retirement.
Money Thirty Podcast — https://www.moneythirty.com/
Real Investing Journal — https://www.realinvestingjournal.com/
Vestory — https://vestory.com/
401411 — http://www.401411.com/
Retiremeet North — http://www.retiremeet.com/
Harlan Accola — https://www.linkedin.com/in/harlan-j-accola-crmp-b6544819/
Fairway — http://fairwayreverse.com/
Rick Gregorek — https://www.linkedin.com/in/rick-gregorek-esq-86687513/
Gregorek and Associates — http://www.rjglegal.com/
Your Partner in Law — http://yourpartnerinlaw.com/
Paul Merriman — https://paulmerriman.com/
25 Things You Should Be Getting From Your Financial Advisor — https://paulmerriman.com/25-things-getting-financial-advisor/
Get Smart Or Get Screwed — https://www.amazon.com/Get-Smart-Screwed-Financial-Advisor/dp/1480179531
Dimensional Fund Advisors — https://www.dimensional.com/
My Future Blueprint — http://www.myfutureblueprint.com/