With Don away in New Zealand for a rare holiday Tom is joined by securities attorney, Lawrence Cock to talk about the legal side of finances and how you can protect your wealth. In this episode:
- Why short-term returns are the wrong way to view your money.
- Following an academic approach to the market.
- Introducing this week’s guest star!
- Some of the financial scams that are currently making the round.
- Looking back at the greatest Ponzi scheme of all time.
- Real estate investing in Seattle and its returns.
- Investments that do not live up to expectations as a form of scamming.
- Recourse against fraudsters and submitting complaints to firms.
- The rights of minority shareholders and how to settle disputes.
- What to consider when hiring a fiduciary.
- Real estate financing and primary residential regulations.
Real Money Hotline — 855-935-TALK (8255)
Talking Real Money — http://www.talkingrealmoney.com/
Talking Real Money Quick — http://www.talkingrealmoney.com/talking-real-money/
Money Thirty Podcast — https://www.moneythirty.com/
Real Investing Journal — https://www.realinvestingjournal.com/
Vestory — https://vestory.com/
401411 — http://www.401411.com/
Vanguard — https://investor.vanguard.com
Retiremeet North — http://www.retiremeet.com/
The Wall Street Journal — https://www.wsj.com
MarketWatch — https://www.marketwatch.com/
Goldman Sachs Bank — http://www.goldmansachs.com/what-we-do/investing-and-lending/banking/
Bankrate — https://www.bankrate.com/
Financial Fysics — https://www.amazon.com/Financial-Fysics-Money-Investing-Really/dp/1453898557
Paul Merriman — https://paulmerriman.com/
Real Investing Journal “Own the Whole Planet” — https://www.realinvestingjournal.com/reports/2018/3/1/own-the-whole-planet
Auckland Blues — http://theblues.co.nz/
Auckland Aces — http://aucklandcricket.co.nz/about-auckland-cricket/aces/
Seattle Times Retirement Article — https://www.seattletimes.com/business/how-not-to-run-out-of-money-in-retirement/
New Zealand National Cricket Team — http://www.nzc.nz/