In this episode we carry on with the ongoing inspection of the last week’s market downturn. Then, we remind all of our listeners, even though at this point they should know, not to believe the hype. When the schemers and scammers come for you with deals to good to be true, chances are it is. Our hosts remind us of the flimsiness of the word ‘guaranteed’, so be wary of this particular and popular word when it comes to investment advice. We also look at the different types of bonds available and talk about which ones you should be aiming to invest in. Lastly, we have a look at cryptocurrency. Again, beware! If it were up to us, you would leavethem all alone.
Key Points From This Episode:
- Falling prey to Ponzi schemes and scammers!
- Why to distrust guarantees and the problem with the word in general.
- The biggest contemporary scam and why you should call us before agreeing.
- Putting last week’s stock market drops into context.
- What to do in the face of a bear market.
- Short and intermediate term bonds and the benefits of these.
- Volatility of stocks versus the foundational character of bond investments.
- Again! Do not worry too much about the Dow Jones 30 Industrial Average!
- Why this radio show has become a podcast now and some info on Don’s other podcast.
- The financing podcast promotion scammers.
- Getting a beach towel as a gift from Google.
- Cryptocurrency and the bubble that is about to burst.
- The problem with the popular tactic of trying to beat the market.